What’s so great about planks? Well!
- They can be done anywhere
- They can challenge your entire body (with the right add ons)
- You can modify the move so that it’s just right for your fitness level
If you’ve been there and done that with a simple plank hold, check out my video below to seriously step your planks up to the next level! What you’ll be doing is a 2 minute plank hold with some “balance challenges” thrown in to challenge your core strength, arms, glutes–all while trying not to tip over. I would not recommend that you perform these moves outside on a windy day! (Do these moves and MORE with me at A.M. LIFT strength conditioning class in DC!)
What you’ll need:
- A clear space
- A timer
- Sheer willpower
What you’ll be doing:
- Holding a plank for two minutes
- Every 10 seconds or so, add on a 3 second lift: one arm, one leg, or one arm AND one leg
- During each lift, try not to rotate your hips to force your core to keep you steady
- All moves can be done on hands and knees if you need a modification or a short break
Are you ready? Click on the video below to join me for a killer plank workout! Enjoy!
Let me know how you like this workout!
Until next time,
Keep it moving!
Copyright | GetFitLikeThat | February 2016