This week’s workout of the week is all about getting your heart pumping through plyometrics (jumping up and down). You can complete this workout as is, or reduce the jumping but keep the speed high to reduce the impact while maintaining a high calorie burn.
What You’ll Need
- A clear and safe space for jumping
- A friend (or mirror) to keep you motivated!
What’s You’ll be Doing
- Quick Feet (plus OPTIONAL drops) Sit in a squat position on your toes, and start to quickly shift weight from left foot to the right. You’l recognize this drill from football practice and it’s great for footwork, agility, and your glutes! If you’re up for it, every so often, drop down to the floor and QUICKLY pop back up to resume the quick feet! Perform this for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Monkey Hops This moves also starts in a squat. You’ll lower your hips and explode up in the air while turning 180 degrees. Try to turn over the same shoulder each time so you aren’t spinning yourself dizzy! Try to go for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Split Lunges This is a jumping lunge. You’ll get into lunge position with the right foot forward, left to the rear. Then switch your feet so that your left is in the front and right foot is to the back. Make sure you lower into a full lunge before the switch! Try for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
That’s it! Complete this circuit at the end of leg day or or it’s own 2-3 times all the way through! Your legs and booty will thank you! (next week maybe, they’ll hate you at first).
Want more workouts? Fine more right here!
Until next time,
Keep it moving!
Copyright | GetFitLikeThat | January 2016